If there is one good thing to come out of the McCourt ownership it is the creation of ThinkCure! This charity aims to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to help fund cancer research at City of Hope and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, and this weekend is one of its principle fundraising efforts. During the games on Sunday and Monday there will be all sort of fundraising events, so be sure to check them out and give them a hand. Also, go to their website for more information, here.
Some of the fundraising events and in-stadium activities include the following:
- Fans can donate to ThinkCure! by visiting www.thinkcure.org, texting the word “CURE” to 50555 for a $10 donation, or by calling into the telethon at (855) 424-4056 beginning 8 a.m. on Sunday, September 2nd and ending after the game on September 3rd;
- An auction of Dodger memorabilia by the Dodger Dream Foundation will benefit ThinkCure!;
- A first pitch by leading cancer physicians, researchers and top fundraisers;
- Check presentations already totaling more than $200,000 will be made by key donors, including YAS Fitness Centers founder Kimberly Fowler on behalf of her annual YAS-A-THON spinning fundraiser, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Aaron Harang, and the Los Angeles Dodgers organization;
- A special "Kids Take the Field" event before each game will feature children from City of Hope and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles running on field to get the autographs from their favorite players;
- City of Hope and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles guests will announce that world famous line, "It's Time for Dodger Baseball!";
- The ThinkCure! logo will be painted on the field, and each game will feature two honorary bat kids from City of Hope and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles:
- The City of Hope bloodmobile will be taking blood donations at Viva Los Dodgers in Lot 6 on Sunday, September 2nd, two hours before game time.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *