- RIP, Marvin Miller. Via Ronald Blum at AP:
"All players – past, present and future – owe a debt of gratitude to Marvin, and his influence transcends baseball," current union head Michael Weiner said. "Marvin, without question, is largely responsible for ushering in the modern era of sports, which has resulted in tremendous benefits to players, owners and fans of all sports."
- I was excited about seeing and posting some great vintage negatives of Dodgers from the Legendary Auctions sale last week, but I'm even more thrilled that FLP told me on facebook that he would colorize them. Awesome! Check out the Duke Snider and Campy/Pee Wee/ Hodges colorized pics. Hopefully, he does a whole bunch more; especially the Babe Ruth ones.
- I haven't commented about the impending cable tv contract with FoxSports that was recently revealed, but I think it's becoming more clear that the Guggenheim folks did not overpay for the Dodgers. I do think it's unfortunate that McCourt financially benefited from something that was entirely out of his control.
- Clayton Kershaw gets new representation, via Jon Heyman at CBS Sports. Well, actually, he changed agencies to stay with his longtime agent, JD Smart. This may not be indicative of anything since his former agency has been going through an extended brain-drain. Still, I can't help but think that maybe this is a sign that talks regarding a new long-term contract may be in play.
- The Dodgers have made some additional changes in the scouting staff, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
- Evan at I Bleed Dodger Blue 2 shares a couple of fan submitted pics of the ongoing construction work at Dodger Stadium.
- Stacie Wheeler at Lasorda's Lair puts together a great write-up on Dodgers bench coach Trey Hillman.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *