I'm not quite sure how long Vin Scully will be taking over the @Dodgers twitter account, so I suggest you head over there right now. Above, Vin is asked about his favorite Nancy Bea Hefley tune. Below, is Vin Scully's comment when told that he was trending nationally.
- Howard Cole writes at Yahoo why the Dodgers won't be signing Zach Grienke.
So, why not the Dodgers? Well, first of all, Greinke's not that good. He's good, but he's not that good. I'm sorry, he's just not. Say what you will about Los Angeles becoming the West Coast version of the New York Yankees with money to burn -- they aren't actually burning it; they're investing it. And if there's an organization in baseball that gets and appreciates pitching, it's your Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Is AJ Ellis the funniest Dodger on twitter. Why... Yes he is! Check out his most recent tweet to Jerry Hairston Jr. below.
- Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors has interview with Peter Gammons about the Winter Meetings.
Tim Dierkes: What were the Winter Meetings like in the 70s and 80s?
Peter Gammons: Much more low-key. There were nowhere near as many media outlets. Of course there are so many different forms of media today covering, especially in the tweeting world. There were some very funny times. Bill Veeck got the White Sox back in I think the December of '75. He got a table and put it down in the middle of the lobby in Hollywood, Florida, and put a sign up over the table that said "open for business," and started trying to make trades with everybody that went by.
- Here's a Winter Meeting rumor. Dee Gordon is on the trading block, via Chris Cwik at CBS Sports.
- James Loney signs a 1-year contract to play for the Tampa Bay Rays, via Jerry Crasnick at EPSN.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *