Check out the newest movie poster for the movie "42" as released by Warner Brothers, via Latino Review.com.
- I missed this post yesterday. Alex Remington at FanGraphs writes a great piece about the birth of the Brooklyn Superbas in 1899. This is the one historical Dodger deal that often gets lost or forgotten about. It resulted in an epic reconstruction of the Brooklyn franchise that was just as dramatic as the recent roster changes the Dodgers have made.
- Hanley Ramirez will be featured in MLB Network’s “Top 10 Right Now: Shortstops” today
tomorrowat 7pm PST. From a press release:
Hosted by Brian Kenny, MLB Network determined its rankings of the top 10 shortstops using “The Shredder,” which uses statistical analysis to measure performance. In addition, renowned author Bill James and MLB Network analyst and former shortstop Larry Bowa both give their own personal lists of the top 10 shortstops in baseball.
- The coolest thing I've learned recently is that Don Knotts has Dodger Stadium on his tombstone. (Hat Tip: macwelsh007 on Reddit)
- As was previously reported by Jonathan Garza at Dodger Nation, the Dodgers had an interest in Mark Lowe after watching him tryout for several teams. Now, they just signed him, via Chris Cwik at CBS.
- Enter this contest. Camelback Ranch - Glendale and the Los Angeles News Group have teamed up to offer one (1) Grand Prize Winner a special day at a 2013 Los Angeles Dodgers Spring Training game. Go here.
- In some recent Mars Curiosity news, it has just drilled into its first Mars rock, via Jonathan Amos at BBC.
- I love this twitter exchange. A Baseball Editor at Topps reached out to Cleveland pitcher Chris Perez to ask him if he wanted to pick out his own pic for an upcoming card. How cool is that?
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *