Be sure you don't miss this next week. Vin Scully will be taking over the Dodgers tweet account this coming Wednesday, June 19th for their game against the Yankees in New York. Dodgers twitter here.
- Don Newcombe is 87-years old today. Happy Birthday, big guy!
- Via Lori Preuitt at NBC4, "Bryan Stow Out of Rehab, Home With Parents: Stow family says insurance company stopped paying for Bakersfield rehab, so they brought Bryan home to Santa Cruz County".
"At first look and during conversations, Bryan appears to be doing better, cognitively," the post read. "But to be with him as much as we are, we see what others don’t. The memory problems, the use of words that do not belong, the pain he is in and the stiffness in his body that prevents him from being able to do things on his own. Due to a huge cut in therapy coverage, Bryan has physically experienced a big setback."
- Via Chosun Ilbo : "Park Chan-ho Reflects on Three Decades of Baseball in Book ". No word yet if there will be an English translation.
- Jason Stark at ESPN writes a bit about the unwritten rules of Baseball, in relation to the most recent brawl.
- Chad Moriyama has the rundown on the potential availability of Andre Ethier in a trade. He also writes a bit about the Dodgers interest in Cuban Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez.
- The Japanese Baseball league has admitted to juicing their Baseballs this season, via Eleanor Warnock at the Wall Street Journal.
- Hey! The College World Series begins on Saturday. Check out Aaron Fitt's preview at Baseball America. Unfortunately, my alma mater, Cal State Fullerton, barely missed the cut. BTW, if you happen to be in Omaha an impressive cadre of former players will be signing autographs in the fan zone:
- Friday, June 14, Edgar Martinez, Q&A, 4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.; autographs,
5 p.m. – 6-p.m.
- Saturday, June 15, John Smoltz, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m . (At Beverly Plaza, 7820 Dodge, noon to 1 p.m.)
- Sunday, June 16, Ivan Rodriguez, noon – 1 p.m.
- Monday, June 17, Todd Walker, Q&A, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.; autographs, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *