Check out this pic of a young Adrian Gonzalez. Pic via Dodgers tumblr.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy lets us know about the "Fresh start community festival to be held at Dodger Stadium this Saturday". Go here for information about the festival.
- "Marty Adler, Brooklyn’s Enduring Dodger Fan, Dies at 76," via Richard Goldstein at the NY Times.
Marty Adler, the assistant principal at Jackie Robinson Intermediate School 320, bordering what had been the Dodgers’ third-base stands, organized projects in which the predominantly minority student body learned of Robinson’s baseball exploits and his pioneering role in the civil rights struggle.
That anniversary tribute in 1977 inspired Mr. Adler to keep memories of the Dodgers alive in Brooklyn long after their departure for Los Angeles and the demolition of Ebbets Field.
- "When all the Dodgers fight to get on the dream train," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
“You get that don’t-give-up attitude, you get that confidence, that belief that whatever the lead is, whatever the circumstance is, your team is going to figure out a way to get it done,” Ethier said.
“You’re going to do it. And that’s what this team has developed the last couple of weeks. No lead, no deficit is too big. We’re going to give it our best shot to fight back and figure out a way to win it or make it interesting at the end.”
- Chad Moriyama at MLB Gifs shares a great .gif of LaTroy Hawkins getting nailed in the you know where on Wednesday.
- "Video: Gary Sheffield Talks Dodgers And Yasiel Puig At Charity Event," via Ross Gasmer at Dodgers Nation.
- "Being himself is what makes Puig special," via Richard Justice at MLB.com.
"Baseball is never about one guy," general manager Ned Colletti said, "but, yeah, it began with him. He brought us so much energy."
- Check out Left Field Pavilion's great graphic entitled, "RF Guns Then and now".
- Via Romano Shelburne at ESPN, "Kenley Jansen taking it higher: Dodgers closer still has a lot to learn, but he's showing the signs of dominance".
"I totally have a different mindset than before," Jansen says. "Three years ago, even last year, I was just trying to get my feet wet in the closer role. I didn't really have the identity or know what to do. But I've learned more about it, about the mindset, it's starting to click."
- Baseball is about to expand the use of instant replay. Mike Oz at Big League Stew has the story: "The seven things you need to know about baseball’s proposed instant replay changes".
- Hockey tough guy Paul Bissonnette takes down a twitter troll, via Pete Blackburn at the Nosebleeds.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *