Do you think AJ Ellis was excited about his eventual game-winning hone run yesterday? Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013. See more great pics from yesterdays celebration from him right here.
- This post by Mike Petriello at Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness won the day, yesterday. "How Did The Dodgers Really Make It Out To the Chase Field Pool?" Check it out here. It includes a great gif of a lumbering Ryu joining the pool party.
- Chad Moriyama has a couple of great gifs from the Dodgers' clubhouse celebration.
- BTW, I agree with this sentiment. "Dear baseball people: Lighten up," via David Schoenfield at ESPN.
It's a game, everyone. Entertainment. Yes, it's a business, and, yes, athletes are competitive and Willie Bloomquist probably didn't enjoy seeing the Dodgers celebrate on his home field ... but can't we all just relax a little bit here? So the Dodgers jumped in the pool? Good for them, I say. Live in the moment.
- Left Field Pavilion makes a great graphic celebrating the Dodgers NL West Division Championship.
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Dodgers' Yasiel Puig 'the fastest champagne opener in the business'
“In Cuba, we used water,” Puig said.
- "Hanley Ramirez MVP-type performance drives Dodgers," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
"I told them last night that I was going to play today, and they kind of looked at me funny," Ramirez said after the game.
- Via Ken Woolums at Beyond the Boxscore, "The Dodgers' money is why they're winning...right?"
- How crazy is this? Especially considering how we started the season. Tweet via @DodgersPR.
This season is the earliest by calendar date that the #Dodgers have qualified for postseason play since moving to Los Angeles in 1958.
— Dodgers PR (@DodgersPR) September 19, 2013
- I won't bother responding to the childish feelings of "disrespected" fans and players. It's just a big waste of time. Instead, check out what Miguel Montero (yes, that Montero) tweeted soon after the Dodgers clinched the division title.
- Major League a-hole. He's a reporter with azcentral.sports.
No truth to rumor #Dodgers Yasiel Puig needed four attempts to cross #DBacks pool before drug cartel gave him a hand.
— Bob Young (@BobYoungTHI) September 19, 2013
- Sports Illustrated shared its list of 100 funniest photographs, here.
- Via The Topps Archives, "Field Guide To Dating Topps Wrappers".
- This is a great wrap-up video. MLB.com looks at the Dodgers' remarkable turnaround to win the NL West for the first time in four seasons, sparked by Yasiel Puig.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *