Featured below is a 1953 letter from the Brooklyn Dodgers Publicity Department responding to a request from a fan for some autographs and memorabilia. They politely stated that they couldn't provide what the fan wanted, but he/she can get many of these items from their concessionaire.
Then, they detailed the cost for such items. Check out the letter below, and marvel at what a few coins could get you 60 years ago.
- A facsimile autographed Baseball for $2.25; a
- 1951 Dodgers Yearbook at $0.50; a
- Scorecard at $0.10; a
- Dodgers cap for $1.00;
- Bracelets (including a luxury tax?) for $1.50;
- Beanie hats for $1.00;
- Autographed bats (large) for $0.75;
- Autographed bats (small) for $0.50; and
- Pennants for $0.50.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *