Here's a great pic of Wayne Gretzky, Stan Kasten and Ned Colletti, via LA Times reporter Helene Elliott on twitter. Check out more photos from yesterdays press conference from Jon SooHoo, here. Jon Rosen at LA Kings Insider also shares a bunch of pics and videos from the press conference, here.
- Awesome! Via Helene Elliott at the LA Times, "Hockey, Dodger Stadium, Wayne Gretzky, Vin Scully—how Great is that?" Vin Scully will have some involvement in the hockey game at Dodger Stadium. WooHoo! So, is anybody going? I'll be on the Top Deck.
- Via Ryan Cowley at Making Way for the Kings, "Upcoming Stadium Series Game to Benefit 50 Elementary Schools in SoCal".
- Via Jon Rosen at LA Kings Insider, "Nearly 50,000 tickets sold for Stadium Series game".
- Watch a video of Dodger Stadium as they prepare the field for hockey, here. Below is a screen grab from yesterday.
- An old friend alert. Cesar Izturis has singed a minor league deal with the Houston Astros, via a tweet from Jon Heyman.
cesar izturis agrees to minor league deal with #astros. would seem to have good shot to make club as utilityman.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) January 13, 2014
- Chris Olds at Beckett shares some preview pics for 2014 Topps Finest that comes out in August 2014. Check out some cards here. A Yasiel Puig card is on the right.
- Via Mark Langill at Dodger Insider, "Winter Ball". The Dodgers historian tells us about the time some folks tried to play Baseball on ice. Awesome!
- JP Hoornstra lets us know that Alexander Guerrero has his visa and recently landed in Florida, via his twitter. Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shared a pic of Guerrero hanging out with Yasiel Puig. As a bonus, Dodger scout Mike Brito is in the background.
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers writes about slick fielding Dodgers prospect Miguel Rojas. Rojas on what he learned from Omar Vizquel.
“He told me this story that he was just a right-handed hitter, and then he learned how to hit left-handed late, and then when he started hitting left-handed, he understood what kind of player he was, as an offensive part. That’s one of the big pieces of advice he gave to me: learn who you are as a hitter. That’s an important thing in this part of your career.”
- Last night was Dodger Pride Night at the Kings game. The Royal Half shared some interesting background about past Dodger Pride Nights that includes how it's been the kiss of death for other teams.
- Jimmy Bramlett at the LAist writes, "How the NHL Will Create an Ice Rink at Dodger Stadium".
- I love Winter Olympic hockey. USA! USA! Below is a pic shared by the Kings of Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick in their Team USA jerseys!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *