Darren Rovell shared on twitter the alternate Brooklyn Nets basketball jersey they will wear for 5 games this season. It sports Brooklyn Dodger Blue in homage to the team. Paul Lukas of UniWatch on twitter notes that the number should should be in red, not blue. Per Rovell at ESPN:
Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets will first wear the blue and grey sleeved jerseys for the game against the Boston Celtics on March 21 and will wear them for four other games, to be called "Brooklyn Blue Nights," before the season is over.
- Via Gann Matsuda at Frozen Royalty, "For The Last Time: Dodger Stadium Ice Will Be Just Fine". Get it folks!
- Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest wonders, "Do The Dodgers Really Need Another Starter?"
- Mark Saxon at ESPN writes about, "The curious case of Chone Figgins".
- Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider writes, "Mark McGwire has unfinished business in year two with Dodgers".
“Finish business,” McGwire said on what he’s looking forward to this season. “Everybody got a great taste to have one step to the World Series, but there’s some unfinished business that we want to take care of in ’14.”
- Topps shared this photo of a 2014 Topps Series 1 Sandy Koufax insert card on facebook. It is a Class Ring Gold Gem Autographed card.
- The Dodgers community caravan begins on Monday. Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider has some of the details. BTW, none of the appearances are public. They will be visiting a hospital, schools and the National Guard Armory.
- The Real BSmile shares a photo of the 1898 Brooklyn Bridgegrooms.
- Via David Brown at Big League Stew, "Greg Maddux goes into Hall of Fame without a logo — Braves or Cubs — on his plaque".
- Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily tells us about Babe Ruth's 1923 World Series watch coming to auction.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *