Check out Trout and Puig at the Freeway Series, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Howard Cole at LA Weekly, "10 (Mostly) Dodgers Books to Get You Through the TV Blackout". It's a good list. I think my favorite of the bunch is the Charles Conlon book of vintage photographs. Conlon was a photographic master, and his photos of the game from the early part of the 20th century are a must see for any fan.
- Via Dan Arritt at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Guerrero latest to suffer an injury".
Alex Guerrero had strained the intercostal muscles that run along his ribs, sidelining him indefinitely.
- Via Matt Snyder at CBS Sports, "Dodgers ticket sales are ridiculous, per Stan Kasten". The Dodgers have already sold 35,000 season tickets and 3,000,000 total game tickets before the start of the regular seson. Wow!
- True to the Blue shares their experience at the TWC SportsNet Dodger viewing party for the games in Australia.
- Scott Miller at MLB.com, "Dodgers wait to reevaluate Kershaw's status".
"[Friday] he's allowed to play catch, so we'll see where he's at," manager Don Mattingly said. "He's really on hold."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Hanley Ramirez homers twice in Freeway Series opener".
- Via Dan Arritt at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Gonzalez ends his night a little early".
"He had two at-bats, he was going to get one more, [but it] didn't seem to be worth it," Mattingly said. "Might as well get ice on that thing and try to keep the swelling down."
- Josh Tucker at Dodger Insider shares, "Olympian Kate Hansen on Dance Cam".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *