This is a great photo of an unfortunate play. Carlos Ruiz tags out Yasiel Puig between 3rd and home in the 1st inning. It set a tone for the rest of the game as they would not get another runner to 3rd base. Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Dodgers’ SS prospect Erisbel Arruebarrena makes professional debut."
- Here's a peek at the Dodger pennant being given away at Dodger Stadium on Saturday, May 10th against the Giants. See it on the right. It has a old-timey kind of look to it.
- On Tuesday, June 17th the Dodgers are giving away a facsimile autographed Dodger Baseball. See it on the left, below. Awesome, right?
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider explores, "The crazy rise in strikeouts for the Dodgers."
Dodger pitchers have never struck out more than 1,292 batters in a season, a record set in 2013. This year, they’re on pace for 1,543. And Clayton Kershaw hasn’t pitched in a game since March.
- W.P. Kinsella at ESPN.com tells us all about how his book "Shoeless Joe" became the movie "Field of Dreams." Hat Tip: Jon Weisman on twitter.
In the novel, the reclusive writer was the real-life J.D. Salinger. Why was he not a character in the movie? The answer involves both moxie and cowardice.
- Jon Chapper at Dodger Insider tells us that the Dodgers are nearing 10,000 total franchise National League wins, and we are either 3 or 16 wins away from it - depending on who you ask.
- Greg Katz at the LAist shares some delectable photos of some of the new foods being offered at Dodger Stadium. Yummmmm...
- Eno Harris at FoxSports notes that Greinke has always played around with his pitching repertoire in order to stay ahead of hitter.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers name training room after Dr. Jobe."
- ICYMI: The Dodgers recalled right-handed pitcher Jose Dominguez from Triple-A yesterday and optioned infielder/outfielder Chone Figgins to Albuquerque. This is expected to be a short term move, so as to help out an overworked bullpen.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *