Ya know, that polar bear is way too close. That animal is dangerous! Here's another great photograph of Yasiel Puig enjoying his day at the Cincinnati zoo the other day. Go to the zoo's facebook page for more pics from his excellent adventure.
- Here's some more draftee signing news. Eric Stephen at True Blue LA tells us that Colin Hering (10th Round) and Devan Ahart (16th Round) have signed. JP Hoornstra and Robert Morales at the Daily Bulletin notes that Scott De Jong (32nd Round) and Karch Kowalczyk (37th Round) have also signed. Also, Jeff Brigham, the Dodgers 4th Round Pick, announced on twitter that he had signed with the Dodgers on twitter:
That moment when you get to go out on the street and play catch with your dad after signing with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
— Jeff Brigham (@Jbrigs34) June 13, 2014
- The LA Daily News updates us on the ongoing Bryan Stow trial, "Dodger security’s failure to meet industry standards lead to Bryan Stow’s beating, expert witness says."
Had security at Dodger Stadium met industry-wide standards on the night in 2011 that Bryan Stow was severely beaten, the attack may not have happened, a sports facilities management expert testified today.
- Check out this video of Allie Mac Kay of KTLA Channel 5 as she shows us the custom work of Nick Romero of The Ave in Venice. It features this incredible custom Vin Scully themed Converse hightop you see below. Wow!
- Via Teddy Cahill at MLB.com, "Prospect Windle beats Appel in Class A victory." It's always nice to hear when one of our own out-duels a former #1 pick.
- With Puig's recent trip to the Cincinnati Zoo becoming all the rage, I thought this post at Chaos and Kanji to be timely. He visits the Tobu Zoo Amusement Park in Japan. Check out his visit here.
- Topps is now selling 10" x 14" Throwback Aluminum Wall Art, and 3 Dodgers are available. Go here to check them out. They are limited to only 99 copies.
Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *