The legend of Drew Butera has just begun. He is getting a lot of love in Japan. Pic above via @TheReal2ryoSS on twitter. Here is a pic of another sign made by a Japanese Baseball fan extolling their love for Butera.
Below are some links to check out:
- Go here and bid often. The Negro League Baseball Museum has up a bunch of auctions on eBay featuring MLB game-used negro league commemorative uniforms worn over the past couple of years; including players like Rusty Kuntz, Rafael Soriano and Ed Yost.
- Clayton will be the new Jared. Via Darren Rovell at ESPN.com, "Kershaw signs on with Subway."
"The key for us is authenticity," Subway chief marketing officer Tony Pace said. "We found out that Clayton would stop by a Subway before going to the ballpark and that meant a lot to us that he was a fan of the brand."
- Uh-oh. Via Gus Garcia-Roberts at Newsday, "Anthony Bosch told feds that agent Scott Boras tried to cover up Manny Ramirez's PED use, sources say."
- Via Jamal Collier at MLB.com, "Garvey mentors son at Dodgertown fantasy camp."
"Just seeing all the pictures in the hallways and the memories you see and you hear, especially being around the locker rooms with all these greats, the stories about Dodgertown, and then it finally comes true when you come here," Ryan (Garvey) said. "You see it and you actually live and see it through their eyes what they've been through and what kind of place they kind of grew up in.
"Like they said, this was like a home away from home for a lot of guys. I feel like deep down inside, it's a home away from home, even just being here three or four days. Just the history here and being with my dad."
- Coming out next week will be Panini's 2014 Classics Baseball. Check out some preview pics here. Below are a couple of Dodger cards.
- The fabled Barry Halper Collection auction takes another hit. Via Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily, "Collector Suing over Mays Items in Halper Auction."
- In commemoration of Clayton Kershaw's 2014 MVP award Topps has issued a limited edition 10"x14" prints that uses the vintage 1961 Topps MVP design. These prints uses a different profile pic than the recently issued CY Young award prints. There are three different versions of the MVP prints; limited to #/99, #/10 and #/1. The card on the left below is the more common #/99 variation and the print on the right is limited to #/10 copies. The "1 of 1" version uses a gold background and is already sold out. Go here to check them out.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *