This past Sunday Justin Turner visited the Westfield Topanga Mall in Canoga Park as a part of the Dodgers 2014 Holiday Mall Tour, and a whole bunch of fans were there to greet him. The photo above was taken by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to check out more photos from the event. BTW, the Mall Tour continues this coming Saturday at the Glendale Galleria. More information can be found here.
Below are some links to check out:
- Left Field Pavilion has more details for the 2015 Dodger Blogger Softball Tournament here. It'll be on Saturday, April 11, 2015 in West Covina.
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "Dodgers scout Mike Brito to be honored at Winter Meetings." He has been named the International Scout of the Year.
- Via Daniel Brim at Dodgers Digest, "The Juan Nicasio Relief Experiment, Already In Progress."
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Andrew Friedman said he'd deal inside the NL West."
"For me, there are 29 other trade outlets, and to cut off four of them makes our job even more difficult," Friedman said. "It just makes it even more difficult to line up and do deals that make sense."
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA has a nice roundup of the Dodgers first day at the Winter Meetings, "Dodgers Winter Meetings Day 1 notes: Miguel Rojas, Ryan Lavarnway, Rule 5 Draft." Nothing really happened... At least not yet.
- Via Mike Oz at Big League Stew, "No new Hall of Famers elected in Golden Era Committee vote." I am very surprised that Gil Hodges only received 3 votes. At the same time, I was surprised that Maury Wills got as many as 9 votes (I bet Sutton was a huge influence here). Furthermore, I truly believed that Tony Oliva, Dick Allen and Minnie Minoso were getting into the HOF through this committee, but only hoped Hodges and Wills would get in (I'm just losing faith Hodges will ever be recognized).
- Night Owl Cards has a great writeup on the recent controversy surrounding the Golden Era Committee and its failure to elect anybody this year , "Let's vote some people into the Hall tonight." Check it out here.
When I was a kid making visits to the Baseball Hall of Fame, the least interesting part of the experience was that room with all the plaques.
Oh, is that the actual "Hall of Fame"?
Yeah, that. That was the dullest part.
- Via a tweet from Mark Saxon:
Tommy Lasorda is quite upset that Gil Hodges again was snubbed for the Hall of Fame
— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) December 8, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *