Let's hope we get to experience one of these later this year - a World Series version. Featured above is a vintage ACME press photo dated October 4, 1949 that I ran into on eBay. Go here to check out the auction. Per the captions attached to the reverse:
"DODGERS' VICTORY PARADE. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Motorcade bearing members of the National League Champion Brooklyn Dodgers makes its way down Flatbush Avenue to the cheers of thousands of fans. The baseball heroes received an official welcome at borough hall on the eve of the World Series."Below are some links to check out:
- Tommy Lasorda is now on instagram. Go here to follow him: @tommy2lasorda.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Mattingly: LA 'more of a team' after roster turnover."
"I just feel it's more of a team," said Mattingly. "The club last year won 94 games. We were a little crazy, but that's who we were. Nothing wrong with that. But I think the pieces will fit together better [in 2015]."
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodgers Nation, "Jimmy Rollins Answers Questions From Fans On Twitter."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Clubhouse leadership top priority for Dodgers shortstop Jimmy Rollins."
“My first question [to Dodgers manager Don Mattingly] was about leadership; What was the leadership in the clubhouse? Who does what? Who’s quiet? Who speaks out?” Rollins said. “And he gave me the run down and pretty much there letting me know how he wants me to fit in and what my role should be, not on the field but in the clubhouse, and trying to be the glue that holds everything together.”
- Via Ian Browne at MLB.com, "Brotherly bond helped Pedro on path to Cooperstown."
"Well, Ramon was my hero," Pedro Martinez said. "I used to carry Ramon's bag to the different fields where he played before he was a pro. I just wanted to see my brother play. My brother was a super, super player."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Corey Seager tops 2015 Dodgers top 10 prospects list at Baseball Prospectus."
- Awesome! Via Mike Oz at Big League Stew, "Yasiel Puig acknowledges he's the Bart Simpson of baseball."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *