Adrian Gonzalez must've liked something about that bat 'cause he sure did put it to good use in the second inning of last night's game. He pounded out his 13th home run of the season against Kyle Hendricks to put the Dodgers on the board.
The photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more pics of yesterday's game from Jon. Below are some links to check out:
- Here's some current news on a Dodger draft pick. Via NCAA.com, "Virginia reliever Josh Sborz headlines the 2015 CWS All-Tournament team."
Virginia reliever Josh Sborz was named the John D. Diesing Sr. Award winner for being the Most Outstanding Player of the 2015 College World Series
- He's the modern day version of Barney Stein with a bit of Charles Conlon thrown in. Via Mark Newman at MLB.com, "How Jon SooHoo got the best action shot of 2015."
Can you describe your proximity with regard to the photogs’ well and the fan?
I was in the first base photo well and I had the far right position in the well. The ironic part is that there were two empty seats between me and Mr. Hartley who just so happened to leave their seats after we hit three outs earlier. Everything happens for a reason when the Godforce is involved.
- Via Dave Cameron at Just a Bit Outside, "Turner has earned everyday playing time."
But just as he did a year ago, when he's been placed in the lineup, Turner has done nothing but hit. In fact, while his 157 wRC+ a year ago looked like a total fluke -- given that he'd put up marks of 96, 98 and 99 the three previous years -- he's actually hitting even better this season, cutting his strikeout rate while also hitting the ball in the air more frequently and with more authority, resulting in a 170 wRC+ in the first few months of 2015.
- Via Craig Calcaterra at Hardball Talk, "Zack Greinke WILL call you out if you “do the number two” and don’t wash your hands."
“Some of you guys have been doing the number two and not washing your hands. It’s not good. I noticed it even happening earlier today. So if you guys could just be better about it, that would be great.”
Greinke sat down. The team wasn’t sure if he was serious. When they realized he was, they laughed. Then they took the field, far looser than they had been, and went out and beat the Dbacks. Two days later they clinched the division and jumped in the Dbacks pool.
- Panini shares some preview images of their Elite Baseball card set, here. There are over 100 photos. Check out the Yasiel Puig and Corey Seager cards below. It releases next week.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *