A Festivus for the rest of us!
As has been the tradition on this blog, I will now begin this merry occasion with the "Airing of Grievances."
- SportsNet LA, Time Warner and the Dodgers management shall be forever hated by this and any right thinking fan for allowing this television debacle to continue. For the love of God... This is Vin Scully's last season, and there are millions of fans STILL unable to hear his words!
- Damn you Zack Greinke! Didn't you like it in LA? Didn't we fans treat you right? Are a few more dollars really worth moving to the hell-hole that is Phoenix?
- STOP with the Jose Fernandez rumors! It's not going to happen.
- And will those reporters/bloggers who keep pushing the Fernandez narrative, please stop. It's obvious click-bait and it's disgusting.
- To those fans who insist that we should be willing to trade the farm for someone like Fernandez, I say you are wrong. The Dodgers have a plan, and it consist of building a farm system that will continually provide players to feed the big club. To turn around now, just as we are about to reap some rewards, is foolhardy. As Peter Gammons said, this is about "21st century Branch Rickeyism." Deal with it!
- There is never a reason to strike a woman - I'm looking at you Aroldis Chapman.
- Screw you TMZ. You sensationalist A-holes! You pushed the story that Puig committed some heinous violent act at some bar recently only to share a video of said altercation that is not him - obviously (link here). Not only that, we learned that the initial story is likely far removed from reality (link here).
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *