In collaboration with The Dream Center’s Veterans Program Justin Turner hosted his very first charity golf tournament on Monday, and it appears to have been a smashing success. A bunch of Dodgers were there; along with boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya. Best yet, they even put together the above miniature golf setup, pic via David Vassegh on twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dodgers hope fresh start rejuvenates Yasiel Puig." As you'll recall, there was a little controversy over the Winter concerning some words spoken about Yasiel Puig by Scott Van Slyke (father of Andy), and it included some gossip purportedly said by Clayton Kershaw. Apparently, most of the parties involved buried the hatchet.
"That was a mishap, and I'd rather put that behind me," Van Slyke said. "You guys have seen me with Yasi every day, and I love the kid. I think he's a benefit to our team, and my feelings toward him won't change."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "(Justin) Turner on target for Opening Day."
"My game plan is not just to be ready Opening Day, but to be 100 percent in baseball shape for Opening Day," said Turner. "I'm hoping it's fixed, that when I get to 100 percent it's in the rear-view mirror and I won't have to worry about it. I hope it feels like a brand-new knee once I get to 100 percent. My goal is to be available and ready to play every single day."
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers boost non-roster invites to 20 with De Jong, Dirks and Rhame."
- Via Tom Shieber at the Baseball Research, "Jackie and Mickey." Tom came across a fantastic vintage pic featuring Jackie Robinson and Mickey Mantle on the basepaths, and he spent some time figuring out when it was taken.
- Via Daniel Starkand at Dodger Blue, "Kiké Hernandez Prepared To Play Super Utility Role Once More."
“I can play six different positions, so it is what it is. Same role as last year. Nothing changes.” Hernandez joked he hasn’t yet discussed playing all nine positions with manager Dave Roberts.
Hernandez also said he’s recovering well from offseason shoulder surgery. “I’ve been here for three weeks now finishing up the rehab. Hopefully there’s no setbacks and I’ll be ready for spring,” he said.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *