What an absolutely divine day at Dodger Stadium on Saturday. As you may know, there was some threat of rain and bitter cold for the Dodgers 4th Annual FanFest, but that all came to pass. As the nearly 25,000 fans in attendance can attest, the day couldn't have been more perfect. The sun peeked out through the clouds to provide some warmth and not a frown could be found in the whole stadium.
As you surely know, this will be Vin Scully's last year as an Dodgers broadcaster, so all eyes were on him as he gave his final FanFest speech to an eager crowd. As you would expect, it was wonderful. If you missed it go ahead and check out Dodgers Nation's great video of his opening monologue (Link Here).
Featured in this post are a bunch of photos I took from the day. The setup for the afternoon was similar to last years event. There was the autograph lines in right field, the stage along the right field line, the children's games in left field and the Dodger infield was open for fans to walk upon.
Of special note, the Dodgers have chosen a new organ player to replace the recently retired Nancy Bea Hefley. The Dodgers new organist will be the well-traveled Dieter Ruehle. He currently plays the organ for the Lakers and Kings at the Staples Center, and even played during the recent Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. I'll be sure to make an fantasy card for him in the next few days.
Before I show you all of my pics from FanFest, I thought I would provide links to some other sites that include some great photos and recaps. Check them out below:
- Here are a bunch of photos from Dodgers photographer Jon SooHoo (link here).
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider writes about Vin Scully's fantastic speech at FanFest and shares a bunch pics from social media here.
- Jon also shares several videos recapping FanFest (Link Here).
- Elisa Hernandez at Dodgers Nation also writes a bit about Vin Scully at FanFest here.
- Dodger Penguin recaps his day at FanFest, including being one of the few to attend the "meet and greet" with Clayton Kershaw. (Link Here)
- Reddit user r/BigApparatus notes a new plaque at Dodger Stadium that commemorates the home run Giancarlo Stanton hit out of the Stadium (Pic Link Here).
- Alex Cora at Sons of Steve Garvey shares his day at FanFest, here. He put up some great photos.
- Blue Skinny Fan tells us all about his day autograph hunting at the Dodgers FanFest, here.
BTW, for a look back at my past post of this event check out the links below. There are plenty of photos to look through, and links to other sites with their stories and photos.
On the below left is the table at the Dodgers Yard Sale. This line was very long, and it appears that they sold out of most of the items before the day was done.
Here is the 1988 World Series trophy on display.
Here are some pics of the players signing autographs. I was able to snag autographs for both Adrian Gonzalez and Dave Roberts. Check those out immediately below.
Here is Jerry Hairston Jr. and AGon.
Nomar Garciaparra and Micah Johnson.
Orel Hershiser and Shawn Green.
Chase Utley came around to chat with Shawn Green. Bill Russell on the right.
Adrian Gonzalez is getting ready for interview with Alanna Rizzo in the photo below.
Here are some random photos; including the greatest fan-made hat I've ever seen. That is majestic.
Below are some photos of the stage area. Clayton Kershaw and Dave Roberts below.
Andy Van Slyke sits in with Justin Turner, and Ron Cey.
Ron Cey and the two heads of the Dodgers front office - Farhan Zaidi and Andrew Friedman.
Tommy Lasorda and Kenley Jansen.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *