That didn't go quite as planned.
For the first three innings things didn't look so bad. Urias had gotten through the first twelve batters with four strike outs, two walks a no hits. Then, the wheels just kinda fell off. Per Ken Gurnick and Carrie Muskat at MLB.com:
"I thought he had really good stuff," Roberts said of Urias. "Just that inning got away from us."That dreaded fourth inning. Zobrist started it off with a bunt single, then four batters later the Cubs stood tall with a 4-0 lead. Ugh! After that, everything else is a blur. It was like a bad nightmare that wouldn't stop. The would eventually Dodgers record four errors on the evening. Fortunately, I think Dave Roberts has the right frame of mind going into today's game. Per Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider:
“It happens and obviously it’s more magnified in the postseason, but we haven’t had a game like that in a long time,” said Dave Roberts. “It wasn’t to be. So I think for us it’s one of those things you have to brush off and get ready to go tomorrow.”The pic above of Julio Urias via @Dodgers on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1988 the Dodgers defeated the A's in Game 5 of the World Series to win the championship at the Oakland Coliseum. Orel Hershiser pitched a complete game, struck out nine and gave up four singles in the 5-2 victory. He would also be named MVP of the series. Mickey Hatcher hit a first inning two-run home run to start the offense for the Dodgers.
- Video: Hear from Dave Roberts after the Dodgers 10-2 loss to the Chicago Cubs in Game 4 of the NLCS. (Link Here)
- Video: Julio Urias addresses the media after his start last night. (Link Here)
- Via Mike Oz at Big League Stew; "What Vin Scully did instead of attending NLCS Game 4 at Dodger Stadium."
What’s he doing instead? That answer might surprise you. According to Paul Sullivan of The Chicago Tribune, Vin is watching Game 3 of Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump.
Shortly after first pitch on Wednesday night, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reported that Scully would be coming to Dodger Stadium again. For Game 5 on Thursday night.
- Adrian Gonzalez was fuming a bit after the game, via a tweet by him last night:
Somehow this is an out. #NLCS Takeseries lead tomorrow! Got to do this. Us against the world. pic.twitter.com/DAM8BRytrT— Adrián González (@Adrian_ElTitan) October 20, 2016
- Following up on AGone's tweet above he added the following when speaking to the media, via ESPN:
"I knew I was safe," Gonzalez said. "We've got plenty of still frames that prove I was safe. Unfortunately, it turned into a trial, and they said there was not enough evidence."
- Via Moreno at Dodger Blue; "Dave Roberts Reiterates Kenta Maeda Will Start NLCS Game 5."
“I expect him to go out there and get ahead of hitters, pitch off the fastball, makes the breaking ball to change and just compete,” Roberts said. “So I have all the confidence in the world in Kenta that he’s going to give us a chance to win a baseball game tomorrow.”
- The Cards That Never Were blog shares a fantastic fantasy Baseball card of Frank Robinson as a Dodger on a 1982 Topps card. Check it out here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *