- In addition to the Dodgers heading out to Yankee Stadium, the Yankees and Red Sox are tentatively scheduled to play in Dodger Stadium next season, via Steve Dilbeck of the LA Times.
- Howard Cole writes writes, "Every Time I Think I'm Out, They Pull Back In."
But look, L.A. has been an incredibly streaky club this year, as frustrating to watch over a stretch of time as any in recent memory. Just about every time they lose a few games – heartbreakers usually, with perhaps only a lone clutch hit the difference between victory and defeat – and we, the fans throw up our hands in resignation, the Dodgers do something dramatic to give us hope.
I understand the feeling.
"They taught me how to send a Twitter and I'm enjoying that immensely. It is fantastic because now I can see how important baseball is for our listeners. I'm getting follower from Argentina, from Costa Rica, from Venezuela ... from all over the world. I had a hint of that, but now I am seeing. They are asking me for more information on the Twitter. I am enjoying that very much."
- Mark Langill reminds us that Steve Garvey started his consecutive games streak of 1,207 on September 3, 1975. Yesterday was the 37th anniversary.
- Congrats to the Isotopes for winning the PCL Division Title, via Jonathan Raymond of MiLB.
- Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle reminds us that Mike Piazza tuns 44 today.
- Mad respect here. Check out this phenomenal shot made by David Wetherill in table tennis at the 2012 Paralympic Games in London. Wow!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *