- Oh well. Kuroda has resigned with the Yankees for 1-year at $15Mil, via Hard Ball Talk. I am genuinely disappointed about this.
- I'm not quite sure what this means, but according to Danny Knobler at CBS Sports the Dodgers are calling around asking about Zach Grienke. This might have something to do with Grienke's widely reported issues with depression and social anxiety disorder. For some background, go here.
- Here's a strange combo. Chan Ho Park, Larry King and PSY were hanging out, via Samer Kalaf at Deadspin. Sounds like a bad joke, eh?
- Are you wondering if there will be a Dodgers Black Friday sale? Well, wonder no more. The Dodgers will host a BLUE FRIDAY sale at Dodgers Stadium. It will be at the Left Loge by parking lot D. See the tweet below.
- I guess we dodged a bullet. Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times is reporting that one of the other suitors to buy the Dodgers, Steve Cohen, has just been indicted on insider-trading.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy translates an article from Puerto Rico that featured Yasiel Puig as he discusses how he left Cuba.
- Go to Night Owl Cards to see his list of the Best Dodgers cards ever made, #50-#41.
- Per a recent Dodgers press release, they added minor leaguers Steven Ames and Matt Magill to the 40 man roster:
Ames, 24, who hails from Vancouver, WA, pitched for Double-A Chattanooga of the Southern League last year and was 3-3 with 18 saves and a 1.56 ERA in 54 games. The reliever struck out 72 batters in 63.1 innings of work and held right-handed hitters to a .177 average (25-for-141). Ames was selected by the Dodgers in the 17th round of the 2007 First-Year Player Draft.
Magill, 23, is a local product, who was drafted out of Royal High School in Simi Valley, CA in the 31st round of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft. The California native had a great season at Double-A Chattanooga in 2012 as he started 26 games for the Lookouts, posting an 11-8 record with a 3.75 ERA. The right-hander fanned 168 batters in his 146.1 innings, including four games with 10 or more strikeouts.
- The below photo was tweeted by Patrick O'Neal. If I'm not mistaken, they are going to tear out all of that concrete, as well.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *