Adrian Gonzalez declared "Taco Tuesday" yesterday afternoon.
With his eventually departure later that day for the WBC qualifying tournament in Mexicali for Team Mexico, AGon treated his teammates and Dodgers staff to tacos. Check out part of the spread in the above photo tweeted out by the Dodgers. Go here to check out Kiké's plate. Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue:
“He brought in tacos and they were really good, so that was nice,” Kiké Hernandez said of his day’s lunch.Below are more links to check out:
- Scott Kazmir talk was all the rage yesterday. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers not yet concerned with Kazmir's velocity."
"He feels good," said Friedman. "I'd prefer a pitcher use Spring Training to build up. It's almost frightening when a guy is throwing harder as opposed to not as hard. He says he's fine, and I think he would say something if he wasn't. I'd prefer six weeks of building and getting ready instead of coming in on Day 1 and blowing."
- This is a fantastic story about a youthful Mike Piazza meeting the great Ted Williams. Via Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily, "Card Show Trip Led to Piazza Meeting Ted Williams." There's a video at the above link as well.
“I don’t remember much, just that intense feeling of panic,” Piazza laughed.
Piazza had a copy of Williams’ famous book ‘The Science of Hitting’ and had the last man to bat .400 sign it for him.
After watching a few swings in that cage, Williams paid the young Piazza quite a compliment.
“He said ‘this kid’s gonna hit in the big leagues’. And I was like ‘really?’ He said ‘oh yeah’. It was euphoric. You can’t even describe a moment like that.”
- This has been making the rounds with vintage collectors and Baseball historians of late. The veritable "Magna Carta" of Baseball is going to auction soon at SCP. Check out some info about it at SCP, here. Also, the official Baseball historian John Thorn wrote about the documents here. Needless to say, this is one of the more important finds to come along in a long time.
- Audio: Listen to former Dodgers Head Athletic Trainer Dr. Sue Falsone talk a bit about her time with the Dodgers and what she is doing now. (Link Here)
- There appears to be some good news on the Time Warner/Charter Communication merger front. Via Shalini Ramachandran and John D. McKinnon at the Wall Street Journal, "FCC Likely to Circulate Draft Order Approving Charter-Time Warner Cable Deal." As I've indicated in the past, I do not believe there can be any movement in the Dodgers SportsNet LA coverage issue until this merger is completed. Once that is done, I suspect coverage comes along soon thereafter. Of course, the timing is all relative. Soon might mean a few more months.
- So cool!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *