Congratulations to the LA Galaxy on their record 5th MLS Championship yesterday afternoon. They defeated the New England Revolution 2-1. As you can see in the photo above, Adrian Gonzalez was on-hand to root for the home team. Photo above via @DodgersPR on twitter.
Below are some links to check out:
- In case you didn't know, the Baseball Winter Meetings are happening right now in San Diego. So, if there's any trade to be made for our outfielders we may find out soon. As you can imagine, there are rumors everywhere and I'm not going to spend much time rehashing them all. Just understand that not everything you read about (rumor-wise) is real. As Dodger President of Operations Andrew Friedman recently said, "misinformation can be a powerful tool."
- Via Bill Plunkett at the OC Register, "Dodgers know rumors part of the deal."
“It’s comical,” the Dodgers’ new president of baseball operations (Andrew Friedman) said of the daily assortment of “hot stove” rumors that always seem to include mysteriously sourced reports that his team is ready to make some big move – something that wasn’t true during his days running the small-market Tampa Bay Rays.
“I think coming in I understood and appreciated that it comes with the territory,” he said. “But to see it actually play out? … It’s comical.”
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "3 Dodgers deals that didn't happen." Eric takes a look at three reportedly close Dodger deals that were all for naught this winter; including a potential trade with the Diamondbacks featuring Andre Ethier for Miguel Montero. Misinformation or real?
- As for the reportedly nixed trade indicated above, Steve Gilbert at the Hot Stove blog has a quote from Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart.
“Right now, believe me, you guys have seen how I worked,” Stewart said. “If I was motivated to move him, he’d probably be gone by now. Right now, I’m not motivated to do anything. Like I said, our ownership hasn’t told us that we have to move him. So for today, as far as I can tell you, he’s going to be a part of this team.”
Misinformation or real?
- Just more awards for Clayton Kershaw. Over the weekend it was announced that Kershaw won 3 GIBBY Awards: Most Valuable Major Leaguer, Starting Pitcher of the Year and Pitching Performance of the Year. Graphic below via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Via Mark Townsend at Big League Stew, "Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum coming to Milwaukee."
- Dodger Penguin recaps the Steve Sax signing this past weekend. Go here to check that out.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *